CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday 22 March 2009

Happy Mothering Sunday.....

~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
Mothers are the place that we call home.
On them we rest our heads and close our eyes.
There's no one else who grants the same soft peace,
Happiness, contentment, sweet release,
Erasing nighttime tears with lullabies,
Restoring the bright sun that makes us bloom.
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
Greetings from Cornwall on Mothering Sunday, I hope you enjoyed your day. I had a busy day myself but had a lovely text message from my son, who was working, and the card seen below......
********************


********************


'Kitchen Rules'

~~~~~~
I also received a gift inscribed with the words:



Kitchen Rules

1. If you eat out of it, wash it

2. If you use it, put it away

3. If you turn it on, turn it off

4. If you spill it, wipe it

5. If you break it, repair it

6. If it’s a mess, tidy it

********************
It’s a pity he didn’t read something like this when he lived at home!! Obviously being a parent himself now he appreciates the sentiments......lol...

~~~~~~

It is an unusual gift for my son to buy me, I usually receive a book or cd or a cuddly toy (sounds like a game show....hehe...) so I think my daughter-in-law may have helped choose this gift. Being a mother herself she will understand and it may have been a subtle hint to my son!!.....
~~~~~~
Enjoy your week and take care....until next time...lol...
~~~~~~



'The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.'
~~~~
~ Honoré de Balzac ~





'A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.'
~~~~
~ Honoré de Balzac ~



0 comments: